Monday 28 September 2015

When the new hit pop song sounds familiar to the folks


Sometimes you are walking the streets and all you seem to hear is just one pop song playing from every shop in super stereo or super bass. You enter your car and start your radio and the same song starts playing on your radio. And then it hits your mind that the song sounds so familiar, but it still confuses because the lyrics sound different. It only becomes even more confusing when it is sung in a totally different language with a totally different lyrical arrangement. We have heard these songs most especially in Hip Hop, R&B and Pop worlds.

The latest to crack my head was Kenya's Sauti Sol's Nerea. The song sounded so familiar the first time I heard it, except it was in Swahili and naming Africa's biggest personalities. I raised my ear and felt the illusion of a cow flapping ears as I listened to this song just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. Then I remembered my rock and pop country playlists I had made in 2012, and then my best 80's oldies. I had added one 2012 song on my playlist because it somewhere sounded like one 1988 favorite of mine. I guess I am adding this Nerea to my playlist because it also sounds like these two favorites of mine.

Take a listen and you may leave your comments down below.

SAUTI SOL Ft AMOS & JOSH - NEREA (2015)
 

LEE BRICE - HARD TO LOVE (2012)

TRACY CHAPMAN - FAST CAR (1988)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment